Chickpeas, or garbanzo beans, can be used as an excellent face mask for fading age spots.
Here’s what you will need:
- 1 cup of chickpeas,
- 1 quarter cup of tahini,
- Some water, and
- A food processor
Here’s what you need to do:
- Cook your chickpeas and then blend then in your food processor.
- Add the tahini.
- Add a little water at a time until the mixture is the texture of a thick pudding.
- Apply to your spots, or all over the face
- Allow the mask to dry completely, for 30 minutes, before rinsing thoroughly until it’s been completely removed.
Tomatoes are an age-old remedy for treating those stubborn brown spots, thanks to certain enzymes and their high lycopene content, a powerful antioxidant, as well as bleaching properties known to effectively lighten the skin.
Here’s what to do:
- Simply slice up a tomato and rub one of the slices onto affected areas, or
- Apply pure tomato juice directly onto your age spots.
- Either way, leave the juice on for 20 minutes
- Rinse using cold water.
- To up the effectiveness, mix in a bit of organic honey into the juice of the tomato.