13. Castor Oil
Castor oil is famous for its ability to help heal the skin from a variety of conditions, including treating age spots.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Apply a bit of the oil onto affected areas
- Massage it into the skin for a minute or two, or until it’s well-absorbed.
- Repeat twice each day, once in the morning and once at night – improvement is typically noticeable in about four weeks.
Note: Those with dry skin may want to add a bit of olive oil or coconut oil for moisture to prevent added dryness.
The juice of a potato is acidic and also offers bleaching properties, making it great for removing age spots as well as blemishes and freckles.
The most effective recipe for eliminating those brown spots calls for potatoes, lemon juice, and honey.
Here’s what you need to do to make this recipe:
- First, wash a potato thoroughly, removing any green spots or sprouts.
- Grate it up and place the shreds in a linen cloth and squeeze out the juice, or use a juicer.
- Add three drops of lemon juice and a few drops of organic honey to the potato juice
- Mix well.
- Apply the mixture onto your age spots and allow it to sit for 20 minutes before rinsing.
Sidhe, W. and Sidhe, W. (2015). How to Get Rid of Age Spots Naturally. [online] LIVESTRONG.COM. Available at: http://www.livestrong.com/article/117049-rid-age-spots-naturally/ [Accessed 16 Apr. 2017].
Prevention. (2015). 3 Best Ways To Get Rid Of Age Spots On Your Hands. [online] Available at: http://www.prevention.com/beauty/3-ways-treat-age-spots-your-hands [Accessed 16 Apr. 2017].
wikiHow. (2017). How to Get Rid of Brown Spots Using Home Remedies. [online] Available at: http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Brown-Spots-Using-Home-Remedies [Accessed 16 Apr. 2017].
Nowloss.com. (2017). 37 Tips To Remove Age Spots (With 22 Home Remedies For Age Spots). [online] Available at: http://www.nowloss.com/Remove-Age-Spots.htm [Accessed 16 Apr. 2017].
Mayo Clinic. (2017). Self-management – Mayo Clinic. [online] Available at: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/age-spots/manage/ptc-20309156 [Accessed 16 Apr. 2017].
Oils, E., Beauty, H., Living, G., Tricks, T., Decor, H., Dish, M., Money, S., Suhm, N. and Kelly, A. (2015). 10 Natural Remedies For Age Spots You Can Find In Your Kitchen – One Good Thing by Jillee. [online] One Good Thing by Jillee. Available at: http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2015/03/10-natural-remedies-age-spots-can-find-kitchen.html [Accessed 16 Apr. 2017].